This document defines the Email Policy for Ashford & St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Sets out the Trust’s policy for the protection of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the email system
- Establishes the Trust and user responsibilities for the email system
- Provides reference to documentation relevant to this policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the proper use of the Trust’s email system and make users aware of what the Trust deems as acceptable and unacceptable use of its email system.
The objective of this policy is to ensure the security of the Trust’s email system. The Trust will:
- Ensure Availability - Ensure that the email system is available for users.
- Preserve Integrity - Protect the email system from unauthorised or accidental modification ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the Trust’s assets.
- Preserve Confidentiality - Protect assets against unauthorised disclosure.
|Compiled by:||Head of IT|
|Ratified by:||Information Governance Steering Group|
|Date Ratified:||May 2019|
|Date Issued:||May 2019|
|Review Date:||May 2022|
|Target Audience:||All staff|
|Contact name:||Head of IT|