Remote access by staff and other non-NHS organisations is a method of accessing files and systems. Critical business processes rely on easy and reliable access to corporate information systems so that business can be conducted remotely with confidence and sensitive corporate information can remain confidential.
This policy covers all types of remote access including:
- Travelling users (e.g. staff temporarily based at other locations)
- Home workers (e.g. IT staff, managers, clinicians)
- Non-NHS staff (e.g. contractors and third-party organisations)
The objectives of the Trust’s policy on remote access by staff are:
- To provide secure and resilient remote access to the Trust’s information systems.
- To preserve the integrity, availability and confidentiality of the Trust’s information and information systems.
- To manage the risk of serious financial loss, loss of client confidence or other serious business impact which may result from a failure in security.
- To comply with all relevant regulatory and legislative requirements (including data protection laws and regulations) and to ensure that the Trust is adequately protected under computer misuse legislation.
|Compiled by:||Head of IT|
|Ratified by:||Information Governance Steering Group|
|Date Ratified:||January 2019|
|Date Issued:||April 2019|
|Review Date:||January 2022|
|Target Audience:||All Staff|
|Contact name:||Head of IT|