Details of the Request
- Has any of the Trust’s IT equipment been infected by so-called “ransomware” (malicious software that encrypts files and then demands payment in order for the files to be decrypted; examples include Cryptolocker, Cryptowall, CryptoDefense, Locky)
- If so, how many infections have been detected?
- If so, what information was affected?
- If so, has the Trust paid money in order to have the files decrypted?
- If so, how much money was paid and via what means?
Details of the Response
None of the Trust’s IT equipment has been infected by so-called “ransomware”.