Details of the Request
For the following financial years 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 up to March 2016
How many patients have been hospitalised for self harm?
Can you please provide an age breakdown of the patients hospitalised for self harming?
Can you please reveal the number of patients who were male and how many were female?
Details of the Response
1. a) How many patients have been hospitalised for self harm?
|2015-16 to end Feb||301|
b) Can you please provide an age breakdown of the patients hospitalised for self harming?
|2015-16 to end Feb||130||76||30||33||19||5||2||6||301|
c) Can you please reveal the number of patients who were male and how many were female?
|2015-16 to end Feb||72||229||301|
This data was based on the following external cause codes for type of self-harm:
- X60-X69 Poisoning
- X70 Strangulation & Suffocation
- X71 Drowning
- X72 Handgun
- X73 Shotgun, Rifle
- X74 Unspecified firearm
- X75 Self-harm by explosive material
- X76 Smoke, fire & flames
- X77 Steam & hot vapours
- X78 Sharp objects
- X79 Blunt objects
- X80 Jumping from a high place
- X81 Lying or jumping before a moving object
- X82 Crashing a motor vehicle
- X83 Other specified means (none of the above)
- X84 Unspecified type of self- harm