Details of the Request
Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2001, I would like to request the following information on the number of patients each hospital within your Trust has treated for attempted suicide.
Specifically, I would like to know:
- How many patients has each hospital within your Trust seen who have attempted suicide each year in 2013, 2014 and 2015?
- Of these, how many were:
- Males? (Please stratify these figures by ages 26-36, 37-45, 46-65, 66+)
- Female? (Please stratify these figures by ages 26-36, 37-45, 46-65, 66+)
- Males under 25?
- Females under 25?
- First time mothers?
- Of these patients, how many had diagnosed mental health issues?
Details of the Response
1. How many patients has each hospital within your Trust seen who have attempted suicide each year in 2013, 2014 and 2015?
See below – this data is based on ‘suicide’ being in free text field in A&E.
2. Of these, how many were: a. Males? b. Female? c. Males under 25? d. Females under 25? e. First time mothers? f. Veterans?
3. Of these patients, how many had diagnosed mental health issues?
Information about whether a patient had a previously diagnosed mental health issue is not held on our A&E system. If it was discussed during the clinical consultation in A&E it would be recorded on the A&E Casualty card however to retrieve and analyse the casualty cards for this volume of patients would give a cost of compliance estimated to exceed the appropriate limit under section 12 for the Act.
Number of patients at St Peter's Hospital seen who have attempted suicide
|25 & Under||19||44||63|
|25 & Under||14||18||32|
|25 & Under||17||20||37|
2013 to 2015
|25 & Under||132|