Details of the Request
In your organisation how many patients with Multiple Sclerosis have been treated with MS disease modifying drugs in the past 12 months, calendar year of 2015 if possible?
Please provide the number of patients by treatment for the following disease modifying drugs:
- Aubagio (teriflunomide)
- Avonex (interferon beta-1a)
- Betaferon (interferon beta-1b)
- Copaxone (glatiramer acetate)
- Extavia (beta interferon-1b)
- Gilenya (fingolimod)
- Lemtrada (alemtuzumab)
- Rebif (beta interferon-1a)
- Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate)
- Tysabri (natalizumab)
- Ampyra (fampyra)
- Peginterferon beta-1a (plegridy)
Details of the Response
|Number of patients on active treatment between 1st January 2015 and 31st December 2015|
|Avonex (interferon beta-1a)||21|
|Betaferon (interferon beta-1b)||0|
|Copaxone (glatiramer acetate)||41|
|Extavia (beta interferon-1b)||0|
|Rebif (beta interferon-1a)||23|
|Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate)||44|
|Peginterferon beta-1a (plegridy)||1|
* No other MS treatments are known to be used (routinely or otherwise) in this Trust.
The data source is the Pharmacy High Cost Drug Funding Approvals Database.
Note: This database records the start and stop dates of treatment. It also records the date if treatment is switched from one drug to another.
Note: Where a patient has switched treatment mid-year they will inevitably be counted against both drugs in the table above.